1. If you’ve got long hair, chances are, you’ve probably got a couple dozen of these lying around:
2. Well Yaakov Goldberg, an industrial design student at Israel’s Holon Institute of Technology, decided to take the basic barrette up a notch. He created a hair clip with several super-useful tool options.
3. Hold up, though! Goldberg originally created it for his religiously observant Jewish male friends, who use the clips to hold their kippas in place. Like so:
“For years I dreamed of an ‘upgraded’ kippa clip and I always saw my religious friends using their kippa clip for all sorts of things,” he told the Hebrew-language website NRG.com. “I decided to take the idea one step forward and prove that one can truly use a kippa clip for any use.”
4. You can use it to score fruit, open or measure stuff — plus it has three screwdrivers and a wrench.
8. And saw through rope using the clip’s serrated edge.
- Five people were arrested as protesters gathered in Chicago after the release of a dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›