2. He’s 9-years-old and lives in NYC. And he’s a huge fan of the band, Pulp.
4. Cocker was in NYC this week to attend a screening of the new film, Pulp: a Film about Life, Death & Supermarkets , which captures the band’s last concert in the hometown of Sheffield, England.
See it when it’s out in November!
5. After the screening, Jarvis and the film’s director Florian Habicht judged a Pulp karaoke contest, where Graham took a moment to shine.
6. After a slew of great performances, it was Graham’s turn to show what he could do.
IT WAS CRAZY. (Though as you can hear on the video, some in the crowd were less than thriiled with the idea of a 9-year-old singing such a sexually suggestive song).
7. Here’s Graham’s audition video, BTW.
It appears to be down right now, but maybe it’ll come back up.
8. Jarvis’s take? “It was a little disturbing… but I will not forget that, ever.”
Jarvis gave him a 9.5 and Florian gave him a 9. And everyone agreed: Graham had a lovely singing voice.
9. In the end, he beat out ten other competitors and took home top honors.
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›