1. Designer L’Wren Scott was found dead in her NYC apartment on Monday, the victim of an apparent suicide.
The 49-year-old was found by her assistant.
2. Scott’s relationship with Mick Jagger often unfairly overshadowed her work as a designer.
3. But her contributions as a fashion designer can’t be under-estimated.
4. Since her first collection in 2006, which was dedicated to the Little Black Dress, Scott distinguished herself for creating clothes that were refined, elegant, and subtly sexy.
5. It’s no wonder she attracted a slew of celeb followers and fans.
Nicole Kidman, Christina Hendricks, and Jessica Paré loved Scott’s sexy, feminine shapes.
6. A former model—L’Wren stood 6’4” without heels—she understood implicitly the needs of statuesque women.
That may be why women like FLOTUS, 5’11” herself, was drawn to Scott’s designs.
7. Scott was full of great words of wisdom when it came to living and dressing well.
If you don’t feel good in it, don’t wear it,” she told the Telegraph in 2012. Because it’ll never look good. Any hesitation in the fitting room and just walk away.”
8. She also, perhaps, alluded to her own personal pain, in a 2011 Harper’s Bazaar interview.
“You’ll see the most perfect person and you are like, God, she’s, like, perfect. And then she’ll tell you everything that’s not perfect,” she said. “Everyone has their own special set of problems—in their own minds.”
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece appears to have voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.