1. By now you probably know what GOTH looks like. You know, something like THIS:
3. Or this.
Patron saints Edward Gorey, Robert Smith, and Jack Skellington.
4. But maybe black’s not FULLY YOUR COLOR.
5. Maybe you’re slightly allergic to white face paint.
6. Or you find the whole aesthetic just a little too ~EXTREME~.
8. Otherwise known as nu goth or like, goth lite.
Okay, nobody calls it goth lite, but that’s kind of what it is — a girly take on the goth aesthetic.
9. Pastel goth is all about mixing the pretty with the pretty tough.
12. Your makeup should be dark. But there’s no reason the case can’t be covered in unicorns.
Because black lipstick is cool, but black lipstick with sparkly unicorns on the outside is way cooler.
13. But you can pair black liner and lipstick with a bunch of pastel shadows.
14. And the more you look like a manga character, the better.
15. Throw on a pair of these ombré tights under a black babydoll dress.
Get ‘em on Etsy.
16. Dye your hair any number of gorgeous shades. Like this:
19. And focus on the marriage of creepy and cute. Like the juxtaposition of this pretty pastel hair with this gruesome skeleton hair clip.
20. Everything soft and delicate should have a sharp, sort of dangerous edge.
22. You can go for goth-propriate creepers, but choose ones with a bit of sheen.
24. And don’t be afraid to DIY.
This doll’s shorts are pure tie-dye/penned up perfection.
25. Pastel goth is girly yet kick ass. Like if Lisa Frank puked on a pair of combat boots.
26. Feel free to indulge in jewelry, as long as it hovers on the cute-creepy threshold.
29. Your wound care should match your sunny yet dark disposition.
30. And even your ice cream should embrace the dark side.
We've got your WKND covered.
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›