1. The kissing began outside a downtown parliament building. Under the proposed bill, all LGBT PDA and “dissemination of information” would be punishable with a fine.
2. Soon after, supporters of the “propaganda” ban tried to stop the kissing.
3. Despite the altercation, the kissing protesters were semi-victorious. The Russian Lower House postponed the hearing indefinitely.
Read more about the bill here.
4. A Russian poll shows that 86 percent of citizens support the bill, while only 6 percent say they’ve seen “gay propaganda” in action.
5. See video of the protest here:
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›