1. You can never have too many picture frames.
Why even try to limit yourself?
3. Paint your ceilings.
5. Fuchsia walls are 100% acceptable.
And they will transform your walk-up’s kitchen.
6. Classic French decor doesn’t have to be stuffy.
Throw something into your decorating mix just to tell your friends it’s “Napoleonic.”
7. Paint it black.
And always have plenty of plants around.
[source: Domino’s Book of Decorating]
8. Your old brown couch can still look good with the right wallpaper.
9. Use open storage in the kitchen.
Domino was down with rustic before it became a household word.
Interior by Sharon Simonaire.
10. Mix and match your art.
And make it pop with bright white walls.
11. Take inspiration from the movies.
Like this take The Royal Tenenbaums room from the January/February 2006 issue.
12. Make your backyard as special as the inside of your home.
13. Hoarding can be elegant.
It helps stave off an intervention if you have some killer wallpaper, too.
14. Decorate all the way to the ceiling.
Playing with height opens a space right up.
15. Light fixtures can make the room.
So time to call the electrician.
16. Nurseries don’t need to be pink or blue.
Thank goodness those days are over.
17. A fireplace doesn’t have to be functional.
Isn’t it sometimes better to have a gorgeous focal point than warm feet?
18. Don’t be afraid of patterns.
It is possible to mix different prints in different styles and still keep it fabulous.
19. Your shoes can and should be part of your decor.
An idea whose time has come.
20. A pop of color is everything.
And there’s no rule that says you can only have one.
21. And come to think of it, so is Pop of Cat.
22. Always use stripes.
They make a clear statement in any room, whether they’re skinny or fat and bold.
23. Paint the front door.
It’ll cheer you up every time you walk through it.
24. Think green
Locally sourced and upcycled materials can make a gorgeous, eco-friendly home. From the issue where Domino built a home for Katrina survivors.
25. Primary colors are unexpectedly modern in a kitchen.
Take cues from your favorite children’s book.
26. Always consider the unexpected.
Turns out that paisley wallpaper and antlers are kind of a match made in heaven.
27. Beige doesn’t have to be boring.
There are endless ways to punch up neutrals.
29. Lastly, tell a story.
Whimsy is always current.
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️