1. This is Djimi Traore (on the left). He plays for the Seattle Sounders of the MLS.
2. The Sounders are in the CONCACAF Champions League, where they’ve been taking on Mexico’s Tigres.
3. An American team has never knocked out a Mexican team in the Champions League. And last night as the Sounders trailed 1-0, it looked like that pattern would continue.
But then the Sounders tied the game at 1. And rather than stop there, we got to see one of the craziest goals in American soccer history put them ahead for good.
5. Tigres thought they cleared the ball, but unfortunately for them it went right to Djimi Traore.
6. No big deal, right? Djimi Traore has only scored 2 goals in his entire career leading up to this and he’s like 35-yards away with practically the whole team in front of him…
8. See it from another crazy angle.
9. One more.
The Sounders went on to win 3-1.
11. Why so sad, Tigres? Did you just become the first Mexican team to get eliminated by an American one?
12. Watch the video of the goal here:
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›