1. This is R.A. Dickey. He’s the defending NL Cy Young winner, and the newest member of the Toronto Blue Jays.
2. Dickey is a knuckleball pitcher. The knuckleball is thrown with as little spin as possible, which makes its trajectory nearly impossible to predict. It also makes it look like magic controls the ball.
3. This high-quality GIF went viral when Dickey was traded to the Blue Jays last week. Nothing sums up the insanity of this pitch better, except perhaps seeing it from the batters’ box with your own two eyes (no offense intended to all one-eyed ball play
4. In conclusion:
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.