1. This is Rajon Rondo. Celtics’ point guard, an All-Star, and arguably Boston’s best player. He didn’t play in the Celtics’ game on Sunday due to a pain in his knee. During the game it came out that he had torn his ACL.
On Sunday, the Celtics outlasted the Miami Heat in double overtime. When coming off the court, ESPN’s Doris Burke interviewed Celtics’ star Paul Pierce, and was the first to tell him the news of Rondo’s injury.
3. The happiness of beating LeBron and company quickly faded.
5. Watch the whole interview here:
Here Are The Top Stories
- A judge set a $1 million bond for Ray Tensing, who was charged with murder for fatally shooting Samuel Dubose.
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.