1. This is Rajon Rondo. Celtics’ point guard, an All-Star, and arguably Boston’s best player. He didn’t play in the Celtics’ game on Sunday due to a pain in his knee. During the game it came out that he had torn his ACL.
On Sunday, the Celtics outlasted the Miami Heat in double overtime. When coming off the court, ESPN’s Doris Burke interviewed Celtics’ star Paul Pierce, and was the first to tell him the news of Rondo’s injury.
3. The happiness of beating LeBron and company quickly faded.
5. Watch the whole interview here:
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.