1. This is Rajon Rondo. Celtics’ point guard, an All-Star, and arguably Boston’s best player. He didn’t play in the Celtics’ game on Sunday due to a pain in his knee. During the game it came out that he had torn his ACL.
On Sunday, the Celtics outlasted the Miami Heat in double overtime. When coming off the court, ESPN’s Doris Burke interviewed Celtics’ star Paul Pierce, and was the first to tell him the news of Rondo’s injury.
3. The happiness of beating LeBron and company quickly faded.
5. Watch the whole interview here:
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. faces Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. The Americans scored 4 goals in the first 15 minutes of the game ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.