1. This is Alex Smith. He has basically been the starting quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers since 2005. At least he was until a concussion earlier this year brought about the Colin Kaepernick era in San Francisco.
2. With Smith temporarily sidelined, Kaepernick took full advantage of his opportunity. He dominated games, electrified fans, and captured the country’s imagination. He also relegated Smith to the bench permanently.
3. And the move has been pretty okay for the 49ers as Kaepernick has just, you know, led them to the Super Bowl.
But Alex Smith is still on the team, which means he has to go to New Orleans too. And he has to be a part of media day and face reporters.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›