1. “Kaepernicking” is a trend that started during the 49ers run to the Super Bowl last December. It was inspired by quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s touch down celebration of kissing his bicep.
The Sacramento Bee, Hector Amezcua / AP
2. The trend quickly spread on social media as 49er fans did their best impression of their new hero.
4. The trend had slowed during the offseason, but that might change now. Because today, Colin Kaepernick met Michelle Obama, and Kaepernicking got its most famous participant, yet.
Just one more reason why FLOTUS is the best.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›