1. “Kaepernicking” is a trend that started during the 49ers run to the Super Bowl last December. It was inspired by quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s touch down celebration of kissing his bicep.
The Sacramento Bee, Hector Amezcua / AP
2. The trend quickly spread on social media as 49er fans did their best impression of their new hero.
4. The trend had slowed during the offseason, but that might change now. Because today, Colin Kaepernick met Michelle Obama, and Kaepernicking got its most famous participant, yet.
Just one more reason why FLOTUS is the best.
In The News Today
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›