1. Colin Kaepernick led the 49ers past the monolithic Green Bay Packers on Saturday night with a record-breaking performance. After scoring a touchdown Kaepernick “kissed” his bicep.
I use quotes because he had a facemask on so he really just brought his bicep to his mask, but it looked like he was kissing it.
2. This was quickly adopted by the Internet as “Kaepernicking.” Posing for a photo while flexing and (ideally) kissing your bicep, though some just flex and look at it. Regardless it’s better than Tebowing.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France after protests last week.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.