1. This is Spencer Hawes, average NBA player and owner of a substantial mullet.
Matt Slocum / AP
2. As the season’s gone along we’ve gotten more and more glimpses of his beautiful mane.
The Canadian Press, Frank Gunn / AP
3. This game against the Celtics provided a particularly great look at his flowing locks.
Steven Senne / AP
4. But despite more exposure to the mullet, Hawes’ hair remains a point of controversy among NBA fans. Is it awesome? Is it terrible? People haven’t been able to decide.
10. But then over the weekend, the 76ers played the Phoenix Suns and this camera shot happened. And in that moment the world discovered the magic that is THE HAWES MULLET.
H/T The NBA Dribbled Out.
In The News Today
- President Obama stepped up his climate change campaign on Monday while touring the Alaskan Arctic, warning that it's "almost too late" to stop global warming. He is the first U.S. President to tour the Arctic. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›