1. Since 1979, the Dallas Cowboys have been called “America’s Team.” The name became even bigger in the ’90s, when their squads led by Troy Aikman, Emmit Smith, and Michael Irvin were about as popular (and successful) as a team could be.
2. But according to this recent ESPN poll that’s gone viral on Reddit, it’s finally time to kill that awful, pompous nickname.
3. RGIII, a grateful nation thanks you.
4. Don’t worry, Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett, we didn’t forget the part you played in making this happen.
6. Quick, hide, Jason! Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones looks pissed!
7. Nope. Haven’t seen him all day. Hey, Jerry, look — a squirrel is running away with a money bag on its back.
8. Have to prepare for the football game?
9. It’s… You know what, never mind.
10. Hey, we’d better be quiet. There’s Tony Romo, and he’s talking to himself again.
11. In glorious conclusion:
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›