Are you having a rough day?
5. Oh jeez, I’m so sorry.
Yeah, he was born with amniotic band syndrome. That means when he was in utero, the amniotic sac was wrapped around his wrist, which cut off circulation and generally caused his left hand to be both deformed and extremely painful. So when he was 4 years old, he had it amputated.
9. But did he give up?
10. Not exactly. He instead worked his ass off and became a top track and field athlete and a high school football star who will be playing Division I college ball next year alongside his brother at UCF.
11. And last night during the International Bowl (a top-level high school football All-Star game), Griffin picked off a pass despite having only one hand.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.