Manti Te’o reportedly spoke to his fake girlfriend “Lennay Kekua” on the phone for 500 hours. Let’s put that in perspective.
1. In 500 hours, you could watch “Zero Dark Thirty” zero dark 187.5 times.
2. Or you could not watch “Movie 43” 171.4 times.
That’s right. Movie 43 is 15 minutes LONGER than Zero Dark Thirty.
3. In 500 hours, you could watch every episode of “Lost” five times. And get a good start on a sixth. Walt!
4. Or you could watch “The Simpsons” straight through (all 24 seasons!) 2.6 times.
5. If the BCS National Championship had been expanded to 500 hours and scoring continued at the same rate, Alabama would have beaten Notre Dame 21,000-7,000. Also, many players would probably have been injured or collapsed from exhaustion.
6. In 500 hours, you could listen to The Proclaimers’ “I Would Walk 500 Miles” 8,295 times.
7. Or you could actually walk 1,251 miles — from Union Square in New York to Albany, Minnesota, if you were walking at a pace of 2.502 miles per hour, you don’t need to stop to sleep, and can walk through water.
In summary, Manti Te’o really spent a LOT of time talking to a fake girlfriend he’d never met.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel on Saturday in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- One person was killed and two others were seriously injured Friday when an air medical transport helicopter crashed in Colorado.
- Popular sections of Reddit went dark this week as confusion and protests swept the site.