1. Bobby McFerrin’s “Don’t Worry Be Happy” was the biggest song of the year.
2. “Rambo III” topped the year’s box office.
4. Kirk Gibson’s game-winning World Series home run captured the country’s imagination.
5. Wrigley Field had held its first night game only months prior.
6. The world had not yet had a real Batman movie.
8. Ben Johnson had just set the new world record in the 100m at the Seoul Olympics only to test positive for steroids and have his gold medal stripped.
9. Barack Obama was only 27 years old.
10. “Yo! MTV Raps” had just debuted.
11. Not a single member of Notre Dame’s football team was born.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›