1. Behind The Candelabra, 2013
Playing the pill-pushing plastic surgeon Dr. Jack Startz in the Liberace biopic Behind the Candelabra, Lowe’s taut, lecherous leer was one of the telefilm’s highlights. They created the look by taping his skin back and hiding the tape underneath a wig.
“He looks almost like a transgendered Bee Gee,” Lowe said in a recent interview.
2. Drew Peterson: Untouchable, 2012
Lowe played the former cop who was convicted of killing his third wife while his fourth, Stacey Peterson, went missing and was never found
3. Californication, 2011-Present
Meet Eddie Nero, a megastar actor with a pitch black dark side.
4. Austin Powers 2 & 3, 1999 and 2002
He played Middle Number Two, or, a young Robert Wagner.
5. The Specials, 2000
All hail The Weevil, a member of the seventh best superhero team in the world.
6. Crazy Six, 1997
In this direct-to-video movie about Eastern European mafias, Lowe played a drug addict with a handlebar mustache. His co-stars included Burt Reynolds, Mario Van Peebles and Ice-T.
Here’s one Amazon review:
“This is without a doubt the worst movie I’ve seen in a long, long time. And unfortunately I’ve seen a lot of those lately, but never mind. How it was possible to get all the famous people who star in this poor excuse for a movie to appear, is probably going to be the question of the century.”
“I’m actually too drained to write this review — bad movies always do that to me — but I feel obligated, as if it’s my civic duty, to warn anyone who might be considering purchasing or viewing this god-awful mess-of-a-picture.”
- The U.S. airstrike on a Doctors Without Borders hospital that killed at least 30 people last month happened as a "direct result of avoidable human error," the Pentagon said. ›
- Five people were arrested as protesters gathered in Chicago after the release of a video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ›
- Pope Francis arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›