1. Go on your own little foodie pub crawl in the aiport.
Try a snack at every restaurant.
2. Bring some yarn and knit.
Chances are you’re going to stay with someone at your destination, so make them something! A handmade gift is the best kind of gift. Or give it to your hotel concierge.
3. Bring your laptop and make playlists for the plane.
Go through your entire music library and find all of those weird ’90s pop songs. Add them.
4. Download a puzzle app on your phone.
Try one, like Interlocked.
5. Master something that you have always wanted to try.
If you are going to a foreign country, learn a bit of the native language. Download a language app like Duolingo. Or just learn how to French braid or do cartwheels, or whatever.
7. Raid the gift shop and write some postcards.
Who doesn’t like receiving mail?
8. Set a budget for your trip.
Try using the website Mint.
9. Recreate famous paintings in the airport bathroom.
Be shameless. You will never see any of these people ever again.