1. Coolers are a utility. They’re boring. They’re whatever. Or at least, they were until Ryan Grepper decided to change the game forever.
Behold: The Coolest cooler, a Kickstarter project that was already in the 20 most funded projects the site’s ever had by the fifth day. The page calls it “a portable party disguised as a cooler,” which seems hyperbolic until you read what this cooler can do.
4. It has a light so you can see which beer you’re getting in the dark.
6. It has plastic plates stored upside down so you can use them as a cutting board with the rust-proof picnic knife that’s also included.
7. It has split storage so you can put food/drinks in one side and ice in the other but still keep them both cool.
8. Other features include beach tires, a bungee cord with lock down ties so you can use the cooler as a dolly to transport all your other towels, umbrellas, chairs, etc.
9. And, most importantly, it has a rechargable blender. Built right into the lid of the cooler.
WHY DID THIS NOT ALREADY EXIST BEFORE?
10. Backers who contribute at least $165 will get one of the new versions, which are estimated to ship in February 2015.
This model is actually the second iteration of the project, which failed to raise enough money on the platform when Grepper first tried last winter. The original goal for this round was $50,000, but the project already has nearly $4 million with over 19,000 backers and 47 days to go. If the momentum continues, it could be one of the highest funded projects ever.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who arrived on scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave, and their body camera footage has been released.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday. He has been apprehended.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.