1. Terry Richardson, known for his anti-glam point-and-shoot style (and being the target of sexual assault allegations), shot Mariah Carey for the summer issue of the London-based Wonderland magazine at his New York studio.
2. But as you can see from the un-retouched images obtained exclusively by Jezebel, his anti-glam, high-flash style isn’t safe from the retoucher.
The printed images required lots of physical changes to Mimi’s body and face, which are typical of cover image shoots. But the biggest change was the extensive color and lighting correction. Even Uncle Terry himself needed an entirely new digital paint job to be fit for print.
3. The rest of the photos, seen on Jezebel, have the same blanket color correction—even on Mariah’s children.
“What’s supposed to be so remarkable about Richardson’s signature style,” Jezebel points out, “is how his otherwise amateur methods, when used to shoot high-profile celebs, create uniquely candid portraits that appear to be at once documentary and aspirational.”
- Kids in California schools can no longer be opted out of vaccination on religious or personal grounds under a new law.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president. He's the 14th Republican in the race.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.
- And Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have decided to divorce after 10 years of marriage. ?