1. Terry Richardson, known for his anti-glam point-and-shoot style (and being the target of sexual assault allegations), shot Mariah Carey for the summer issue of the London-based Wonderland magazine at his New York studio.
2. But as you can see from the un-retouched images obtained exclusively by Jezebel, his anti-glam, high-flash style isn’t safe from the retoucher.
The printed images required lots of physical changes to Mimi’s body and face, which are typical of cover image shoots. But the biggest change was the extensive color and lighting correction. Even Uncle Terry himself needed an entirely new digital paint job to be fit for print.
3. The rest of the photos, seen on Jezebel, have the same blanket color correction—even on Mariah’s children.
“What’s supposed to be so remarkable about Richardson’s signature style,” Jezebel points out, “is how his otherwise amateur methods, when used to shoot high-profile celebs, create uniquely candid portraits that appear to be at once documentary and aspirational.”
We've got your WKND covered.
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.