1. Heads up Ikea-freaks: the newest product from the most hackable furniture company ever just came out, and you don’t even have to build it yourself!
2. The company’s Russian ad company used Instagram’s tagging feature and a grid system to create a website-within-a-website for their 2014 PS Collection.
When you tap the photo in the mobile app, each item is tagged with the product names, which leads you to individual profile pages with product info, images and photos tagged of each item from other Instagram users. Each of the collection’s 34 items has their own account.
Despite its popularity, at press time the EXPEDIT didn’t have an Instagram account. But it’s still pretty big on Twitter.
- A ferry carrying 173 passengers capsized in the Philippines, leaving at least 36 people dead.
- The U.S. has formally requested that Switzerland extradite 7 top FIFA officials who were arrested in Zurich in May.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️