1. Heads up Ikea-freaks: the newest product from the most hackable furniture company ever just came out, and you don’t even have to build it yourself!
2. The company’s Russian ad company used Instagram’s tagging feature and a grid system to create a website-within-a-website for their 2014 PS Collection.
When you tap the photo in the mobile app, each item is tagged with the product names, which leads you to individual profile pages with product info, images and photos tagged of each item from other Instagram users. Each of the collection’s 34 items has their own account.
Despite its popularity, at press time the EXPEDIT didn’t have an Instagram account. But it’s still pretty big on Twitter.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.