1. Make these poppers with recycled bottles, balloons and confetti.
They still make fun sounds! See the directions here.
2. Glowsticks are a great (and cheap) alternative for night-time fun.
Buy them in bulk here.
3. Firecracker piñatas are a much quieter alternative for sensitive ears.
4. Red and blue bubbles are perfect for some clean outdoor fun.
5. Silly string is a safe way to have a lot of fun.
6. Sprinkle fireworks are super easy to make.
All you need is paper, sprinkles and a little water. Get the directions here.
7. Make this easy Fireworks In A Jar project.
8. Shoot off these harmless rockets.
Learn how to make them here.
9. This easy wand is made from a straw and an applesauce lid.
Get the full directions here.
12. Use cellphones or LED ropes to make light graffitti.
You don’t need sparklers to write with light. Learn the technique here.
13. Diet Coke and Mentos rockets are a classic.
Somehow it never gets old. Learn how to make one that will go sky-high here.
- New York's attorney general has opened an investigation into two popular fantasy sports websites, after employees allegedly used insider information to profit. ›