1. Vegetarian Poutine
Potatoes and cheese are the two major food groups, anyway. Recipe here.
2. General Tso’s Veggie Bowls
Instead of chicken, this dish uses pan-fried seitan and broccoli! Recipe here.
3. Buffalo-Blue Curly Cheese Fry and Crispy Black Bean Burgers
You’ll never settle for a limp Boca burger after OMG ARE THOSE CURLY FRIES. Recipe here.
4. Jalapeño-Cheese Corn “Dogs”
With awesomely melty pepper jack cheese and a crispy batter, these are like a spicy, more fun-to-eat mozzarella stick. Recipe here.
5. Vegetarian Jackfruit “Pulled Pork” Sandwich
6. Charred Carrot Hot Dogs
It sounds odd, but you can cook a carrot in some Bragg’s Liquid Aminos to give it a nice, toasty, smoky hot dog-esque flavor. Recipe here.
7. Veggie Polenta Lasagna
Where’s the beef? No one cares, because POLENTA. Recipe here.
8. Lentil and Mushroom Shepherd’s Pie
It’s everything you love about shepherd’s pie: mostly that heavenly ~slab~ of mashed potatoes. Recipe here.
9. Zucchini Keftedes With Feta And Dill
Traditional Greek keftedes are meatballs made with beef and lamb; these are tasty zucchini fritters. Serve with dolmas and olives! Recipe here.
10. Vegetarian Pho
One of the hardest parts of eating vegetarian is avoiding beef and chicken broth. Solution? Make your own pho using delicious edamame and tons of veggie stock. Recipe here.
11. Caprese Benedict With Basil Hollandaise
Leave the ham, take the eggs. Recipe here.
12. Spicy Lentil Vegan Sloppy Joes
All the messy joy of a traditional sloppy joe. Recipe here.
14. Smoky Vegetarian Beet Reubens
Veggie reubens that swap tempeh for pastrami are a dime a dozen. This sandwich lets only earthy slices of beet flirt with all that yummy Swiss and sauerkraut. Recipe here.
15. Cauliflower Steaks With Olive Relish And Tomato Sauce
More like filet mig-NONE. Recipe here.
16. Butternut Squash Chipotle Chili with Avocado
Just give me the whole cauldron and a spoon and no one gets hurt. Recipe here.
17. Eggplant “Meatballs”
Give boring lentil balls the boot with this delicious eggplant mixture. Recipe here.
18. Vegetarian Egg McMuffin
A cute slice of portobello mushroom stands in for Canadian bacon. Recipe here.
19. Provencale Celeriac Paté Sandwich
All the creaminess of paté but without the, you know, livers. Recipe here.
20. Butternut Squash And Fontina Nachos With Crispy Sage
Delicious vegetarian nachos with nary a sad refried bean in sight. Recipe here.
21. Baked Buffalo Tempeh Tenders
Celery? Check. Blue cheese? CHECK. Meat? Nope nope nope. Recipe here.
22. Chickpea “Tuna” Salad
This fun mash of chickpeas, mayo, and some other goodies tastes almost like actual tuna. Recipe here.
23. Meatless Monte Cristo
Smoked cheddar and Swiss and strawberry jam, oh my! Recipe here.
24. Vegan “Fish” Sticks
The “fish” is actually hearts of palm, and you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs. Brilliant. Recipe here.
25. Vegetarian Ramen
It’s already gluten-free; omit the egg and it’s vegan! Recipe here.
26. Lobster Mushroom Rolls
The meaty texture of the lobster mushrooms is an excellent substitute for the real thing. Recipe here.
27. Zucchini Paella
The perfect late summer entreé. Recipe here.
28. TLTs (Vegetarian BLTs)
Marinate your own tempeh for this one! Recipe here.
29. Vegan Mushroom Bolognese
PASTA PASTA PASTA PASTA PASTA. Recipe here.
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›