2. It’s the BEST cardio workout.
Running burns an average of 705-865 calories in an hour, more than most other cardio workouts.
3. Attractive people run, ERGO, lots of eye candy. Just sayin’.
6. Running is so versatile that you can do it anywhere; all you need is a good pair of shoes.
7. Running produces more beta-endorphins — nature’s painkillers — than any other activity.
9. Running doesn’t ACTUALLY wreck your knees.
11. We’re in good company: Most of the presidents have been active joggers.
12. Setting goals (even as small as a 5K!) gives you an unbeatable sense of accomplishment.
13. You can jog with someone if you’re feeling social… or go solo if you’re not.
15. We’re less depressed — running helps lessen the effects of anxiety and depression.
17. You never feel guilty about ordering dessert.
I mean, no one should. But you ESPECIALLY don’t, because you know you’ll work it off the next day.
18. We don’t waste money on gym memberships — running outside is free!
19. More running pants = more pants you can also wear to the grocery store on Sundays.
22. Running/jogging/walking can also be a really great way to give back.
24. Running is good for your brain.
It sparks the growth of fresh nerve cells, can help forestall dementia, and boosts memory.