1. How sometimes when you called your friends, you’d have to talk to their parents first.
2. How writing a paper meant poring through these.
4. Smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants.
5. How taking a road trip meant buying one of these first.
7. How your parents would give you one of these when you went to camp.
13. Talking to your friends meant actually seeing them face-to-face.
16. Taping a song off the radio so you could hear it whenever you wanted.
17. But if you didn’t have a fancy boom box, you’d hold a handheld tape recorder up to the speaker, and your mom would yell something in the background and ruin it.
19. Doing math problems on one of these.
20. Not knowing what other people were doing if you weren’t with them.
21. Not having a camera on you at all times, unless you wanted to carry one of these 24/7.
23. How the only way to get song lyrics was if the artist printed them in the CD booklet.
24. How this page in the paper (or the TV Guide) was the only way to know what was on television.
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›