1. How sometimes when you called your friends, you’d have to talk to their parents first.
5. How taking a road trip meant buying one of these first.
7. How your parents would give you one of these when you went to camp.
13. Talking to your friends meant actually seeing them face-to-face.
16. Taping a song off the radio so you could hear it whenever you wanted.
17. But if you didn’t have a fancy boom box, you’d hold a handheld tape recorder up to the speaker, and your mom would yell something in the background and ruin it.
20. Not knowing what other people were doing if you weren’t with them.
21. Not having a camera on you at all times, unless you wanted to carry one of these 24/7.
23. How the only way to get song lyrics was if the artist printed them in the CD booklet.
24. How this page in the paper (or the TV Guide) was the only way to know what was on television.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›