1. You know how in Game of Thrones they’re always talking about how “winter is coming?”
Yeah, we get it, Ned.
2. Well, maybe it’s coming to Westeros, but not to beautiful, sunny Essos it ain’t.
5. In addition to being sunny year-round, Essos also doesn’t have to worry about these guys.
You know, assuming they ever actually show up.
6. Essos isn’t just warm and ice-zombie free. That big, horrible war over an uncomfortable piece of furniture? Not Essos’ problem.
7. Which also means that nobody in Essos ever had to deal with this little shit.
8. Essos is a place for second chances.
Exiled from crummy, damp Westeros to a tropical paradise? Don’t mind if I do.
9. The cities in Essos are better. Qarth? Greatest city that was or ever will be.
12. The Iron Bank of Braavos is apparently the only place in the world with any money.
Everyone in Westeros always comes crawling to Essos when they need money.
13. Unlike most of Westeros, Essos is a multicultural society.
(Snow isn’t the only thing that’s white in Westeros.)
14. Yes, Essos has a slavery problem, but Dany’s working on it.
Let freedom ring, gurl!
15. And yeah, you’ll probably die in some horrible fashion in Essos…
16. …But that’s also true pretty much everywhere in the Game of Thrones world, so you can’t hold that against Essos.
(See also: Oberyn, Robb, Ros, Ned, Lady, everyone you’ve ever loved or cared about.)
17. Most importantly, Essos is the best because that’s where Syrio Forel is from.
RIP Syrio. You’re water dancing in our hearts.
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›