1. Ah, the bald eagle. Majestic symbol of the United States of America. It’s the epitome of grace and power.
Jorge Villalba / thinkstock
2. And who can forget that iconic, awe-inspiring call they make, right?
Pat Gaines / Flickr: patgaines
3. Well, no.
4. Bald eagles actually have a pretty wimpy call. The sound we always hear in movies whenever a bald eagle takes flight is really a red-tailed hawk.
Jan Arendtsz / Flickr: janarendtsz
6. Bald eagles, meanwhile, actually sound like this…
7. I’m so, so sorry, Mr. Eagle. You’re a fraud.
AlexanderCher / thinkstock
Here Are The Top Stories
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. Three people were injured, according to reports.