1. Lil Mama blew audiences away when she brought the late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes back to life for the VH1 biopic CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story in October.
2. And at the American Music Awards on Sunday, the 24-year-old rapper joined the remaining original members of TLC to perform their 1995 hit “Waterfalls.”
3. Lil Mama, Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins, and Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas recreated key moves and moments from the band’s iconic video.
6. TLC closed the performance projecting the image of Left Eye behind them. Hopefully, they did her proud.
7. Here’s TLC’s full AMA performance of “Waterfalls” with Lil Mama.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.