1. Steve Carell Turns The Stupid Up To 11 For “Anchorman”
Steve Carell auditions for what will become his breakthrough role: Brick the incredibly dimwitted meteorologist. Even funnier than the movie.
2. Chris Klein Sings An Audition For “Mamma Mia,” Embarrases Western Civilization
Chris Klein couldn’t sing his way out of a hot apple pie. This one is really cringe-inducing.
3. Legendarily Awful Martial Arts Audition
A series of hapless men attempt to perform martial arts moves for a director. They fail miserably.
4. Tobias Fünke Dies In A Fire … Sale
Tobias Fünke makes a simple commercial audition much more complicated than it needs to be.
5. Fight Water With Water On The “X Factor” (U.K.)
Those cups of water that judges on reality talent shows always have next to them are for more than just quenching one’s thirst.
6. That’s Quite A Talent
An audition for a talent show in the Philippines reveals a horrifying secret power.
7. Will Ferrell Talks About Plums On “Eastbound & Down”
Will Ferrell visits HBO’s “Eastbound & Down” and proceeds to make every other actor (and himself) laugh uncontrollably.
8. David Cross Meta-Auditions
David Cross, years before his role as Tobias in “Arrested Development,” did an even more elaborate (and hilarious) audition sketch for his HBO cult hit “Mr. Show.”
9. The Worst Of The Worst Of The Worst Of “American Idol”
“American Idol” winners frequently fade into obscurity, but the failed auditions are never, ever forgotten. Here’s 10 of the very best of the very worst.
10. Hugh Laurie’s Jaw-Dropping Audition For “House, M.D.”
Filming the audition from a hotel bathroom half-a-planet away from Hollywood, Hugh Laurie goes from his natural fancypants Oxford English to House’s wonderful American Sneerspeak in less time than it takes to pop a pill … jaw-droppingly great, and funny to boot.
Star alongside Topher Grace and Mary-Elizabeth Winstead by auditioning for the new Social Film The Beauty Inside by Intel & Toshiba featuring the Ultrabook™. Inspired by Intel®. Click here to audition.