1. Before you even knew you were gay, you knew there was something special about you.
2. There was something about you that set you apart from most of your friends.
3. It was like you were interested in different things than they were.
4. When all of the guys in your grade were really into girls…
5. …you were more interested in grocery store checkout stand workout magazines…
8. Because you liked girls.
Frank Micelotta / Getty Images
11. But you weren’t gay! It was just a phase or something and it was totally going to go away.
12. Except it never did.
14. And you got butterflies in your stomach every time you talked to a really cute guy.
15. And you had that one friend who you wish felt the same way about you that you did about him.
16. So you started to wonder if you really were gay.
18. And you were horrified anytime your dad searched for something that started with a “g.”
20. And it was exhilarating because you weren’t pretending anymore.
21. But you still had to tell your friends and family your biggest secret.
22. And it was important for you to do because they learned that being gay wasn’t as scary as they thought.
23. And all the girls who thought you were the perfect guy finally learned why they could never get you.
24. But most importantly, you learned that the people who really loved you still loved you no matter what.
In The News Today
- The Dutch Safety Board will release Tuesday a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over eastern Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- Police officers in the UK will record anti-Muslim hate crimes as a specific category in crime statistics for the first time. ›