1. The zebra crosswalk outside the Russian embassy in Stockholm has been painted rainbow colors.
2. The embassy was the site of a demonstration two weeks ago during Stockholm’s Pride festival to protest Russia for its legislation that criminalizes “propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations.”
3. Around 200 protesters were outside the embassy for the demonstration, which was held August 1.
4. Law enforcement was called to the protests after several topless woman hopped the fence. One woman held a sign reading “homosexual propaganda on Russian ground.”
5. The women were released after confessing to trespassing.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›