1. The 1998 edition of the Scholastic Beanie Baby Handbook listed the original price of Beanie Babies when they were first released, how much they sold for in 1998, and their estimated price in 2008.
2. Beanie Babies were supposed to be a good investment. From page 27 of the book:
Basically, if you can afford to do this, simply putting away five or ten of each and every new Beanie Baby in super mint condition isn’t a bad idea.
5. Seaweed the Otter was estimated to be worth $60 in 2008.
7. Teddy the violet bear was estimated to be between $4,000 and $5,000 depending on which edition you had.
8. And it might not be worth that much, but they can go for as high as $699.
9. There were also some super cool historic photos of a Beanie Baby with President Bill Clinton and Vice President Al Gore. Neat.
Read more about the 1998 Beanie Baby handbook here.