3. But it turns out blowing into a Nintendo cartridge doesn’t actually help.
4. See, we thought we were blowing off dust, when in fact we were just lining the cartridge with a layer of moisture.
6. Someone even did an experiment to see the effects of blowing on the cartridges.
10. The reason cartridges wouldn’t work wasn’t necessarily because they were dirty…
11. …but because they had these pin connectors that wouldn’t connect with the hardware sometimes.
12. So just taking the cartridges out and putting it in again until it worked was all you had to do.
You can read more about the effects of blowing on cartridges here.
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- CC Sabathia, a pitcher for the playoff-bound New York Yankees, says he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. ›