3. But it turns out blowing into a Nintendo cartridge doesn’t actually help.
4. See, we thought we were blowing off dust, when in fact we were just lining the cartridge with a layer of moisture.
6. Someone even did an experiment to see the effects of blowing on the cartridges.
10. The reason cartridges wouldn’t work wasn’t necessarily because they were dirty…
11. …but because they had these pin connectors that wouldn’t connect with the hardware sometimes.
12. So just taking the cartridges out and putting it in again until it worked was all you had to do.
You can read more about the effects of blowing on cartridges here.
- Thirty-one people are dead after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.