1. A protestor ran onto the court during the French Open Sunday.
3. He was wearing a mask, holding a flare and had the words “kids right” written on his stomach in English.
4. According to Getty/AFP, the man was an anti-gay protestor.
8. The protestor ran on as Spain’s Rafael Nadal played against David Ferrer in the final.
9. Security was able to remove the man.
10. There were also other anti-gay protestors in the stands.
11. They held a sign that read “France tramples on children’s rights” in English
12. A security officer puts out a fire after the protestor ran out onto the court.
13. Additional demonstrators also held a sign calling for the resignation of French President Francois Hollande.
Security guy tells me that this was a protestor, was saying “France doesn’t respect child rights.” (Lost in translation factor: high)
15. Here’s video of the incident.
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.
- The U.S. has defeated Germany 2-0 in the Women's World Cup semis. Team USA will play Japan or England in the final ⚽️