1. A protestor ran onto the court during the French Open Sunday.
3. He was wearing a mask, holding a flare and had the words “kids right” written on his stomach in English.
4. According to Getty/AFP, the man was an anti-gay protestor.
8. The protestor ran on as Spain’s Rafael Nadal played against David Ferrer in the final.
9. Security was able to remove the man.
10. There were also other anti-gay protestors in the stands.
11. They held a sign that read “France tramples on children’s rights” in English
12. A security officer puts out a fire after the protestor ran out onto the court.
13. Additional demonstrators also held a sign calling for the resignation of French President Francois Hollande.
Security guy tells me that this was a protestor, was saying “France doesn’t respect child rights.” (Lost in translation factor: high)
15. Here’s video of the incident.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.