It’s no secret: having a pet dragon* would be great
*Yes, we know this is a lizard… They’re far more photogenic than actual dragons.
1. You could take it for walks, and look like a total badass
All the dogs in the park would be like ‘Whaaaaa…’
2. You’d also get to give it a cool name…
… Like ‘Spike’ or ‘Peppy’ or ‘Rory’.
3. And you could teach it tricks
Like how to roll over for a tummy tickle.
4. If you got a little one, you could take it to work in your pocket
5. Plus, there’s the whole breathing fire thing
Which would be very useful for this…
The amount you’d save on heating bills means it would start paying for itself within a year.
7. If you got a flying one, you’d never be late for anything again
And would save a fortune on travel costs. The little ones can be used for passing notes and mailing letters. If you don’t mind them a bit singed and smokey.
8. Some breeds are actually able to sniff out treasure
So you’d never lose your wallet/keys/glasses again.
10. If you get a breeding pair, dragons make pretty good mothers
But you have to be careful with the egg layers - they make nests in the weirdest places
Fridge, oven, or we even had one nesting in our toaster one year - depending if they’re fire or ice type.
Other reasons why we want a pet dragon…
11. Their skin is pretty much bullet-proof
And they shed it once a year, which means you can use their shed scales for things like roof tiles, or burglar-proof fencing. And it comes in a range of colours.
13. They’re great talking points at parties
And they LOVE to dance.
15. No one would mess with you if you were out late walking with one of these
16. In conclusion, we all want a pet dragon…
… Because they are AWESOME.