3. Have fun dressing up!
Feel free to take cues from the movie on this one.
9. Don’t forget to invite that annoying friend who never shuts up and who is always just around, lingering. They’re gonna hear about it anyway.
10. Walk around saying “old sport” a million times in a stilted accent and see how long it takes before someone loses it and kills you.
12. Relatedly, feel free to make whatever music you want the soundtrack of the party. Anything mildly jazzy. Or not. Just whatever you feel.
13. Stand around gripping the static image of the past that you’re so desperately holding onto.
Take casual sips from your drink and hope the fireworks in the background distract from your slow descent into madness.
15. Actually, yeah maybe just dont have a party at all… Has anyone read the book?
16. Spend all the energy you would have put into a party into making sure everyone knows you’ve read the book.
18. Never die. Defy all known properties of the universe. Become a metaphor.
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›