The V&A Museum in London is planning an exhibit celebrating club style (thin: Boy George, Duran Duran, etc.) called “Club to Catwalk: London Fashion in the 1980s.”
You can expect:
2. Amazing, angular suits with huge shoulders and flaps and big collars.
3. Big military-style jackets.
4. And a bunch of embroidered, bedazzled, and fringe-covered jean jackets.
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›