Ryan Lochte promises to be a big presence at New York Fashion Week this season. We’re just one day into the eight days of shows, and he’s already attended a handful of shows and parties. E! has even hired him as a Fashion Week correspondent. You’re probably thinking, is he ready for all this? And it’s a valid question. Though his skills saying full sentences on camera are still improving, what he seems to have down is his wardrobe. Just look at how much his outfits have improved over his Fashion Week career.
3. NOW: Sleek suits, no ugly belts.
If this outfit, which Lochte wore to Wednesday’s show for menswear designer Joseph Abboud, is any indication of what he’ll be wearing the rest of the week, we can expect more sleek gray suits and skinny knit ties. He looks like he’s been going to fashion shows for his whole life.
4. THEN: Huge blazers, unkempt hair.
With Natasha Bedingfield at the Max Azria show in September of 2008.
5. NOW: Preppy polos, clean-cut hair.
At the Today show on August 23, 2012.
6. THEN: Strangely huge collars.
And oh, get him some cufflinks.
At the Milly show in September 2008.
7. NOW: Well-proportioned collars (and suits, overall).
Lochte on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon on August 23, 2012.
8. THEN: Purple printed man blouses under embroidered denim jackets.
At the Custo show in February 2009.
9. NOW: Flaire comes in the form of a simple fedora.
At training for the 2012 London Olympics.
10. THEN: A vest that made him look like a washed up late 90s boy band member.
At a February 2009 fashion week party.
11. NOW: A jacket that makes him look like an action movie star.
At the premiere for The Expendables 2 on August 15, 2012.
12. THEN: All black with contrasting wrist bling.
At the Project Runway show in February 2009. I wonder what Tim Gunn thought of this.
13. NOW: All gray with a contrasting brown tie.
At the WWE SummerSlam VIP Kick-Off Party at the Beverly Hills Hotel on August 16, 2012. An unusual color combination that somehow works.
14. All in all, he’s taking Fashion Week and his role as a fashion journalist of sorts VERY seriously this year, can’t you tell?
Front row, no smiles.
To whoever his current stylist is: BRAVO! Job well done.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. Here's a recap 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.