1. In the 1988 and 1992 Winter Olympics, “ski ballet” was an official sport.
2. It’s a shame they canceled the event after just four years, because ski ballet had it all.
6. And stupefying moves.
7. The sport rose in popularity in the ’70s and ’80s, and was also known in some competitions as “acrosking.”
8. Ski ballet was part of the Olympics as a “demonstration sport,” meaning it was basically given an Olympics trial run to try and raise the sport’s profile.
Regrettably, it wasn’t renewed in ‘96. By 2000, the International Ski Federation stopped all formal ski ballet competitions.
9. And you know what? Eff that.
10. Bring back ski ballet.
- Amazon, Walmart, and other retailers were hit with more than $300,000 in fines for selling toy guns that look like real guns.
- President Obama will unveil a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.