I love that Miley Cyrus just watched "The Punk Singer" on Netflix. http://t.co/GS3v4HvVum
1. On July 31, Miley Cyrus was up late posting pictures of Kathleen Hanna to Instagram.
2. Hanna’s career as a feminist activist and singer for bands like The Julie Ruin and Bikini Kill must have struck a chord with Cyrus, who has recently discussed why she considers herself a feminist..
Her caption for this one was “coolest ever.”
3. But some of the Internet wasn’t having it and poked fun at Cyrus’ newfound inspiration in Hanna.
5. But some people were totally into Cyrus’ little Instagram homage to riot grrrl. She even earned a few fans in the process.
8. Others hoped Cyrus might learn a little from Hanna, specifically about how sexism and racism overlap:
10. As Kathleen Hanna would sing: “Dare ya to do what you want, dare ya to be who you will.”
Go start your revolution girl-style now, Miley.
On August 4, Kathleen Hanna reached out to Miley Cyrus through Twitter in response to the Instagram pictures, hinting at a possible collaboration: