If only dogs enjoyed watching college football on TV, too. Life would be so much easier for everyone.
Here’s what a typical fall Saturday is like if you’re a dog:
2. But something feels a little odd.
Where is everyone? Oh, yeah, they’re watching college football.
3. OK then. Fine. You try and read a magazine to kill time.
But, honestly, that isn’t much easier than watching TV.
4. You decide to pull on your flashiest outfit in hopes of pulling some attention away from the game.
Nope. But, whatever, you look good.
5. You even stoop so low that you throw on a football uniform to try and get a game going with the neighborhood dogs.
Again, this is not enough to draw your human’s attention away from the ACTUAL GAME.
7. All right. It’s time to go join your human in the den and wait until the end of all this football business.
At least you’ll be with good company.
9. But wait, what?!
Everyone is making a lot of noise. It’s really confusing.
10. OK, who are you kidding? The game makes ZERO sense.
Sure, there is a ball, but you can’t bite it, chase it, or retrieve it. It’s awful! Why do humans like this?
11. Then suddenly, it’s HALFTIME!!!
That means play time!!! Park park park!!! Balls balls balls!!!
12. But the flurry of action only lasts for 20 minutes, and then you’re back on the couch.
Oh well. It was good while it lasted.
13. Somehow another two hours pass, and the game is still going.
You can barely stand the watching and waiting.
14. Then, miraculously, the game ends, and you have all of the attention again!