1. Remember when EVERYBODY played Draw Something?
People got really creative!
2. 2012 was the year of Pinterest. They made it entirely too easy for people to look at pictures of food.
But delightful nonetheless!
3. There were some delightful proposals too…
You’ll cry happy tears of joy.
4. There’s no way you could say no to this!
5. And community user Len Kendall proposed to his girlfriend on BuzzFeed!
She said yes!
6. 2012 gave us a Spice Girls reunion at the Summer Olympics. Absolutely delightful!
(Except for Posh, she was kind of bored, eh?)
7. Speaking of the Olympics, wasn’t it delightful when the Fab 5 won gold for women’s team gymnastics?
8. And even when McKayla Maroney was not impressed at getting 2nd place…
9. And who didn’t love the delightful Usain Bolt?
10. It was a super delightful year for SCIENCE!
The Higgs boson was discovered!
And we were so happy to see her in the Hunger Games (and all over Tumblr).
14. Speaking of Spider-Man…
Andrew Garfield makes everything delightful.
15. Oh, and even though Ryan Gosling didn’t win sexiest man of the year AGAIN…
He still saved a girl’s life from a speeding car!
How delighted would you be if Ryan Gosling saved your life?
16. It was a delightful year for memes, like Chandler dancing on things.
18. There were a gazillion covers of Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
19. There were some delightful meme-mashups of Carly Rae Jepsen’s Call Me Maybe.
But let’s be honest, the best one was with Cookie Monster.
20. And you must have been living under a rock if you didn’t hear about Gangam Style.
PSY has the most viewed video on YouTube… EVER!
21. 2012 gave us some break-out Internet cats, like Lil Bub.
22. And Grumpy Cat
23. Colonel Meow
25. And this grandma with her cat companion.
26. It was a super delightful year for the hedgehog.
27. In 2012 we fawned over bunnies taking baths…
28. We were delighed by a cat singing along to Collective Soul…
29. Laughed at this stingray with impressive photobomb skills…
GIF become the Oxford American Dictionary’s 2012 “Word of the Year.”
GEICO Customer Service hopes you had a delightful year!
This singing alpaca sure did.