1. Herbed Butternut Squash Chips
1 small butternut squash, about 1 pound
2 teaspoons chopped mixed fresh herbs (we use sage, thyme and oregano)
4 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Heat the oven to 250°F and put a rack in the middle of the oven. Peel the squash and cut it in two, separating the thin end without seeds from the bulbous end. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and discard them (or save and roast them if you’re feeling energetic).
2. Slice the squash finely with a mandoline, about an 1/8-inch thick. You’ll have nice neat rounds from the seedless end, and pretty rings from the other end.
3. Toss the squash in a bowl with the herbs, olive oil and salt. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment and spread out the squash slices in a single layer on the parchment. Bake for an hour, then flip the slices using tongs or a spatula. Bake for another hour. Turn the slices again, lower the heat to 200 degrees and bake for another hour. Turn off the oven and let the chips cool in there for several hours, or overnight. Remove from the parchment and serve, or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
2. Whole Roasted Cauliflower and Whipped Goat Cheese
Don’t be fooled — the crackly, brown crust is the best part. Get the recipe on Food52.
3. Twice-Baked Potatoes with Kale
4. Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts and Thyme
5. Steam-Roasted Carrots with Cumin
6. Avocado Toast
7. Cream Baked Endive with Bacon and Pecans
Lettuce has never tasted better. Get the recipe on Food52.
8. Broccoli, Lemon and Parmesan Soup
Gloppy, heavy broccoli and cheddar soup gets a much-needed makeover. Get the recipe on Food52.
9. Collard Roll Ups with Coconut Curry Kale
Sushi-style veggie rolls. Get the recipe on Food52.
10. Squash Butter Crostini with Blue Cheese, Celery and Bacon
Make these pretty little bites as an appetizer for your next party, or just make them for yourself. Actually, you should probably just make them for yourself. Get the recipe on Food52.
11. Mashed Potato Cakes with Broccoli and Cheese
Yet another way to disguise potatoes as real vegetables. Get the recipe on Food52.
12. Balsamic Roasted Shallots
These are sticky, tangy, sweet, and tender. Oh, and perfect. Get the recipe on Food52.
13. Cambodian-Style Spring Rolls
The bright, refreshing shrimp, mango, and veggie filling gets all wrapped up in a pretty, rice paper package. Get the recipe on Food52.
14. Black Bean Orange Peel Edamame
Finger-licking good. Get the recipe on Food52.
15. Chinese Broccoli Salad with Sesame Sriracha Dressing
Because you can never have too much Sriracha. Get the recipe on Food52.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- It's World Aids Day — 35 million people have died from Aids-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›