1. Campfires are fun.
Ghost stories! Sing-alongs! A sense of connection to your caveman ancestors!
2. But when it comes to cooking things, sometimes they’re…not.
This is uncomfortable, my eyes are full of smoke, I don’t even like hot dogs, can I stop yet?
3. The one food that always seems to make a campfire worthwhile?
4. S’MORES. But just in case you don’t have a roaring fire in your immediate future, why not get straight down to business?
All you need is an oven.
5. Same ingredients, indoors or out: graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows.
You can get as schmancy as you want with the chocolate, but plain old Hershey’s is traditional (and yummy). And if you’ve got a ton of time on your hands, try baking your own grahams.
6. Break the graham crackers in half and put them on a baking sheet with marshmallows on one side, chocolate on the other.
7. Turn on your oven’s broiler, let it heat up, then stick the baking sheet underneath the broiler and let those babies toast.
If you don’t have a broiler, move a rack towards the top of the oven and preheat it to as hot as it will go.
8. Keep an eye on things to make sure the ‘mallows don’t burn. They should look something like this:
Das right. Feel free to let them get a little darker, if that’s how you roll.
10. Please. Like we really have to tell you to eat these immediately.
See, wasn’t that easy?