sauteed onion base + vegetable boiled in water + blender + salt/pepper = soup
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 head very fresh cauliflower (about 1-1/2 pounds), broken into florets
Salt, to taste
5 1/2 cups water, divided
Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
5. Step 2: Sweat onions. Meaning, cook them without browning.
6. Step 3: Add a little water and cauliflower florets. Cook for a bit covered, then add a bunch more water and cook uncovered.
7. Step 4: Blend.
Blend in batches — filling a blender all the way up with hot soup will cause it to explode and splatter soup all over your kitchen.
8. Step 5: Let it rest 20 minutes for added flavor, adjust seasoning.
roasted vegetables + potatoes cooked in stock + blender + lemon/cream + salt/pepper = more flavorful soup
8 large celery stalks cut into 2 inch pieces
1/2 bulb fresh fennel cut into 2 inch chunks
2 large whole garlic cloves
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 medium redskin potatoes, peeled and cut into a 1 1/2 inch dice
6 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup light cream or half and half
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper for re seasoning if needed
Celery leaves and fennel fronds for a little garnish
11. Step 1: To get more flavor in of a pureed soup, roast your vegetables first.
12. Step 2: Potatoes add thickness. Boil them in stock instead of water for more flavor.
15. Step 5: Bring to a boil then add cream and lemon juice for even more flavor. Adjust seasoning.
roasted veg + deeply sauteed onions + stock flavored with aromatics + blender + salt/pepper = super flavorful soup
6 to 8 large carrots (about 1 3/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch rounds
1/4 cup olive oil
6 cups vegetable stock (good quality, not too high in sodium)
1 piece ginger, an inch long, peeled
1 sprig thyme, plus more for garnish
1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
19. Step 2: While the carrots cook, infuse your stock with the ginger and the sprig of thyme.
20. After 15 minutes, your carrots should look like this.
They aren’t burned — you want them all caramelized like that.
21. Step 3: Brown onions and garlic.
Gently caramelizing them develops deep flavor.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›