1. He credits Martin Freeman for his comedy chops.
Sherlock fangirls go wild.
2. For Halloween, he wants to be the Invisible Man.
Not dress up as. Be.
3. Yes, he’s read the letter Julian Assange wrote criticizing both The Fifth Estate and Benedict’s performance.
His response is intelligent and frankly stunning. Worth a read.
4. He’d be cool with endorsing a line of pants (British slang for underwear) called “Cumberbritches.”
His only condition is that he gets a billboard in Times Square.
5. He’s joined Tom Hiddleston and Matt Smith in creating elaborate crossover fan fiction.
He was probably kidding, but every Sherlock/Loki/Doctor tumblr read his comments and died happy.
6. He appreciates his fame, although he values his privacy and hopes to maintain it.
Another thoughtful answer worth reading.
7. He loves animals.
He especially wishes a long and happy life to the fish a fan named after him.
8. For The Fifth Estate, he worked on a Julian Assange accent, not just an Australian accent.
And it’s Aussie-approved!
9. Ghostbusters is one of his favorite movies.
As are Annie Hall, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and the “John Hughes classics.”
10. He WANTS to tell you Sherlock spoilers.
He wants to so badly that he cries himself to sleep. Wait, seriously?
11. He prefers Marmite to Nutella.
Aka he’s wrong.
12. He gets nervous meeting celebrities.
Benedict Cumberbatch! He’s just like you.
13. He thinks Cumberbatch fans should call themselves “Cumbertadpoles.”
Don’t ask questions! Just do it.