1. When the opening credits, directed by Spike Lee, were broadcast for the very first time.
2. When Jimmy and Will Smith threw back to The “Carlton.”
But that’s a small piece of The Evolution of Hip-Hop Dancing.
3. When Harry Styles dropped by…
…and he told us all of his most intimate secrets.
Kristen Wiig was also on the show that night!
4. When Robert DeNiro, Tina Fey, Joe Namath, Rudy Giuliani, Mariah Carey, Tracy Morgan, Joan Rivers, Kim Kardashian, Seth Rogen, Lindsay Lohan, Sarah Jessica Parker, Mike Tyson, and Stephen Colbert all gave Jimmy the $100 they owed him.
Colbert paid in coins.
5. Oh, Lady Gaga showed up too…
6. When First Lady Michelle Obama talked about Malia turning 16 years old and learning to drive.
7. When Will Ferrell made out with a poster of Harry Styles…
8. …and then made “shy face” between Jimmy and the first lady.
The first lady also explained to Sara and Stacy why exercise is not “Ew.”
9. When Jerry Seinfeld did an impression of Jimmy doing an impression of Jerry, and neither could stop laughing.
10. When Martin Scorsese gave his two cents about #Hashtag2.
But Jimmy and Jonah Hill were #notfazed.
11. When The Ragtime Gals remixed “Ignition (Remix).”
And it was glorious.
12. When the series’ first game of charades proved to be quite a challenge for Bradley Cooper, Tim McGraw, and Emma Thompson.
13. When Kathy Lee Gifford crashed Brian Williams’ and Lester Holt’s rendition of “Rapper’s Delight.”
As the lyrics go, “Well so far you’ve heard my voice but I brought two friends along.”