1. This is a special day to pamper and dote on your absolute favorite person in the whole wide world: you.
LOL did you seriously think it could have been anyone else?
2. Thank goodness you don’t have to deal with the awkwardness of a forced romantic encounter.
Let all the other couples pretend to be extra in love. You have fun to attend to.
3. And just think about it: all that money you would have spent on that significant other? IT’S ALL YOURS NOW!
So just splurge and treat yourself already. It’s the least you could do for yourself.
5. Rejoice in the fact that you’re not one of those sickeningly sweet couples that makes everyone roll their eyes.
Go ahead and roll your eyes. You know you want to.
Now, as far as your Valentine’s Day itinerary goes…
6. The official attire for the evening is as follows: YOGA PANTS!
Or no pants. You choose.
7. For dinner, just make yourself a cocktail already. Or two.
Have a good time. The food will figure itself out.
8. Then go out on the town and flirt with whoever the heck you want.
Because on this one special night of every year, everyone is single. The world is your playground! And by world, we mean bar.
9. Definitely be sure to chuckle at any awkward couples you happen to run into.
Hint: All the couples will be awkward on this day. That’s just how it is.
10. What’s for dessert? WHATEVER YOUR HEART DESIRES, THAT’S WHAT.
None of that awkward “Do you want dessert?” “I think I’m good. Do you?” “Nah, I’m pretty full actually” talk (even though you TOTALLY wanted dessert).